Chairman and CEO, Vasilis Gregoriou participates in Greek House Davos
Boston, MA – May 27, 2022 – Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADN) (“Advent” or the “Company”), an innovation-driven leader in the fuel cell and hydrogen technology sectors, is pleased to announce that its Chairman and CEO, Dr. Vasilis Gregoriou, represented the Company at the Greek House Davos, which took place in the context of the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2022 under the theme “Working Together, Restoring Trust,” in Davos, Switzerland.
Under the auspices of the Hellenic Ministries of Development & Investments, Environment & Energy, Digital Governance, Maritime Affairs & Insular Policy, Enterprise Greece, the Greek National Tourism Organization, and the Region of Attica, Greek House Davos provided a platform for multi-stakeholder dialogue among government officials, corporate leaders, and top-tier representatives of academia, diplomacy, and civil society. This was aimed at forging partnerships for change between the public and private sectors, with significant positive impact for all parties involved.
Dr. Gregoriou participated in an enlightening and interactive panel discussion titled “Energy Transition and Interconnectivity: Promoting Collaboration Among Multilateral Initiatives for Energy Innovation,” along with George Linatsas (Group Managing Director, AXIA Ventures Group) and Jim Harris (International Bestselling Author & Columnist, Disruptive Innovation Thought Leader & Keynote Speaker).
The discussion covered a wide range of interesting topics, such as how the recent geopolitical developments have reshaped the global energy landscape and accelerated Europe’s clean energy transition efforts. At the same time, the speakers exchanged opinions from different perspectives on the role of Greece in enabling this transition and how cross-sector collaboration leverages the strengths of companies and governments on projects that focus on speeding-up the world’s decarbonization.
Dr. Gregoriou commented on:
- Advent’s inspiring growth story, from its inception in a lab in Patras Science Park in 2006 to a successful listing on NASDAQ in 2021. In addition, through offering sustainable products and actively participating in global energy projects of high strategic importance, the Company is on track to play a leading role in the faster decarbonization of the world
- Advent’s focus on fuel cell production and on electrolysis, through the Company’s submitted Green HiPo IPCEI project (currently pending EU approval). Green HiPo will produce the electrolysers and fuel cells integral for Greece’s energy transition as the country plans to decommission all coal-fired power plants by 2028
- The significance of the Joint Declaration that Advent and big European electrolyser manufacturers recently co-signed as part of the European Electrolyser Summit. The Joint Declaration established a clear goal of paving the way towards achieving the objectives of the REPowerEU’s proposed Hydrogen Accelerator, which sets out a strategy to double the previous EU renewable hydrogen target to 10 million tons of annual domestic production, and an additional 10 million tons of annual hydrogen imports
- The importance for Europe to follow the mandate of moving away from imported natural gas and the role of hydrogen as the world’s destination fuel, as well as how the local production of green hydrogen can fill the energy gap by enhancing environmental protection and ensuring energy self-sufficiency
- How Greece’s favorable weather conditions makes it a perfect fit for the production of green hydrogen and the vital role of eFuels in accelerating decarbonization across industries
The full panel discussion can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93k76Mmt-Ug
About Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc.
Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc. is a U.S. corporation that develops, manufactures, and assembles complete fuel cell systems as well as supplying customers with critical components for fuel cells in the renewable energy sector. Advent is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with offices in California, Greece, Denmark, Germany, and the Philippines. With more than 150 patents issued, pending, and licensed for its fuel cell technology, Advent holds the IP for next-generation HT-PEM that enables various fuels to function at high temperatures and under extreme conditions – offering a flexible “Any Fuel. Anywhere.” option for the automotive, aviation, defense, oil and gas, marine, and power generation sectors. For more information, visit www.advent.energy.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This press release includes forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements generally can be identified by the use of words such as “anticipate,” “expect,” “plan,” “could,” “may,” “will,” “believe,” “estimate,” “forecast,” “goal,” “project,” and other words of similar meaning. Each forward-looking statement contained in this press release is subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statement. Applicable risks and uncertainties include, among others, the Company’s ability to maintain the listing of the Company’s common stock on Nasdaq; future financial performance; public securities’ potential liquidity and trading; impact from the outcome of any known and unknown litigation; ability to forecast and maintain an adequate rate of revenue growth and appropriately plan its expenses; expectations regarding future expenditures; future mix of revenue and effect on gross margins; attraction and retention of qualified directors, officers, employees and key personnel; ability to compete effectively in a competitive industry; ability to protect and enhance Advent’s corporate reputation and brand; expectations concerning its relationships and actions with technology partners and other third parties; impact from future regulatory, judicial and legislative changes to the industry; ability to locate and acquire complementary technologies or services and integrate those into the Company’s business; future arrangements with, or investments in, other entities or associations; and intense competition and competitive pressure from other companies worldwide in the industries in which the Company will operate; and the risks identified under the heading “Risk Factors” in Advent’s Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) on March 31, 2022, as well as the other information filed with the SEC. Investors are cautioned not to place considerable reliance on the forward-looking statements contained in this press release. You are encouraged to read Advent’s filings with the SEC, available at www.sec.gov, for a discussion of these and other risks and uncertainties. The forward-looking statements in this press release speak only as of the date of this document, and the Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise any of these statements. Advent’s business is subject to substantial risks and uncertainties, including those referenced above. Investors, potential investors, and others should give careful consideration to these risks and uncertainties.
Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc.
Michael Trontzos / Chris Kaskavelis