At Advent, we believe that the world can decarbonize faster.
Join us to make it happen!
Work with us to build the engines of the future that will replace combustion engines and diesel generators.
We are developing the next generation of hydrogen-powered fuel cells. We are a truly international global company, public in Nasdaq (ADN) with passionate people in Silicon Valley, Boston, Denmark, Germany, Greece, and Asia, committed to changing the world for the better. Now!
Job Description: Electrical Engineer / DIGI-TRONIC S/W architecture
Reports to: SVP of Product Development
Department: RD & E
Location: Livermore, CA
This position is a Electrical Engineer for the UltraCell Fuel Cell Product lines and Controllers. This Electrical Engineer will be responsible for specifications, board design, documentation, and transfer to manufacturing of his/her designs. This Engineer must be proficient in Electrical Engineering and should understand C variant software, system controls, troubleshooting, design, and follow up documentation. Project management experience is a strong plus. The demonstrated ability to manage and lead a group and electrical/software engineers, and ensure that their work is aligned with customer requirements is a very strong plus. Interacting with other engineers and scientists with specific domain knowledge will be essential.
- Develop a large firmware array to control the DIGI-TRONIC fuel cell. Provide the massive scaled control array between fuel cell experts and hardware engineers
- Develop GIT or similar system to align all S/W developers and accelerate the development timeline
- Specify, design, and architecture for the DIGI-TRONIC variations, starting with version 1 (20-9-1-45 single string H2.). Collaborate with HW, SW and fuel cell engineers to ensure that the DIGI-TRONIC architecture can be scaled to fit Advent roadmap needs
- Must be a strong EE with experience in board design in real time control, digital and analog controls, and power management
- Must be capable of creating electrical architecture for various products
- Must be able to understand software and firmware in C for above systems
- Manages Projects
- May Supervise other Engineers and Techs.
- Should be familiar with standard EE design tools (ORCAD, PADs, SPICE, etc.)
- Is an active member in many cross-functional process/product improvement teams. Attends weekly Engineering Group Meeting.
- Writes monthly contract reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Data science experience a plus
- Masters Degree a strong plus
- 8-12 years related work experience
- Skilled at structured problem analysis
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Broad understanding of manufacturing methods, i.e. board fab, assembly, flex circuits, etc.
- U.S. Citizen
Nice to have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Understands analysis and interpretation of analytical data
- Familiar with various fuel cell design concepts
- Some experience in Electrochemistry and/or Catalytic Chemistry
- Must be self starter
- Must be comfortable working in high pressure environment
- Must be comfortable working in start up environment typically with minimal support staff
- Some travel required
- Some lifting required
If you share this mentality, please send us a bio at email@example.com with the corresponding code: Electrical Engineer / DIGI-TRONIC S/W architecture
At Advent, we believe what makes people unique is what makes them great. We strive to build a diverse and inclusive culture. Our vision is to accelerate green electrification. Diversity drives innovation. We seek to build a green and inclusive world.