We believe that the world can decarbonize faster. To accelerate electrification, we will need Hydrogen and Renewable Fuels (aka Liquid Sun, Liquid Wind). These fuels will enable true zero emissions (well to wheel) carbon-neutral power for the automotive, aviation, drone, portable, marine, and heat & power generation markets. We are global leaders in research, development, and production of fuel cell systems for portable power applications.
We are looking for a reliable and smart Senior Finance and Accounting Manager to join our growing team and report directly to the CFO. The ideal candidate will be a proactive, competent, and initiative taker for this important role. You will constantly be prioritizing in this fast-paced environment. They will be self-motivated, trustworthy and possess excellent time management skills. To sum it up, we are looking for an individual that will wear many hats for the Finance function.
- Lead the preparation and review of the consolidated financial statements and SEC filings for the company, including Forms 10-K, 10-Q and 8-K. Ensure financial statements comply with U.S. GAAP and company accounting policies, while also ensuring compliance with SEC rules and regulations
- Assist in month-end, quarter-end, and year-end financial close procedures, i.e., review account reconciliations and roll-forward schedules
- Review contracts and agreements, and ensure such transactions are accounted for in accordance with U.S. GAAP
- Review journal entries based on supporting reconciliations and schedules
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly balance sheet and income statement flux variance analyses for management reporting
- Maintain a compliance calendar for all external reporting requirements and execute on those deliverables including, but not limited to, SEC filings as well as sales tax and income tax filings
- Coordinate financial audits and tax provision calculation with the auditors and tax consultants
- Assist in the preparation of detailed forecasts and budgets; assist CFO with FP&A activities
- Assist with Treasury and financing activities as needed
- Other ad hoc projects as required
- Ability to work, adapt and evolve in a fast-paced environment, working under deadlines
- Excellent communication skills to keep others informed of progress
- Systems savvy with a solid understanding of accounting systems and how to extract, organize and analyze data (PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance
- 10+ years of recent public and/or private accounting experience
- Team player with strong communication, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong knowledge of U.S. GAAP and financial reporting
- Technical accounting research
- SEC reporting
- Audit experience
- Treasury management and cash forecasting
- Experience working in paperless environment strongly preferred
- Familiarity with any of the Navision cloud-based accounting systems is a plus
- Master’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA license preferred
This position in onsite at our Boston, Massachusetts office. Local candidates only and must be authorized to work in the United States.
For consideration, please forward a resume to email@example.com reference SMAF_MA/USA in the subject line of the e-mail.
Advent Technologies Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries, Advent Technologies Inc., Advent Technologies S.A., and UltraCell, LLC are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.